Momentum let me know that they have commercialized their call tagging and expense management BlackBerry application. They have also released a free call timer application that logs the time you spend on calls which you can later upgrade to the full version.
It has some really great features:
- Tag your mobile calls directly from the handset
- Associate your calls with specific contacts and projects
- Tag the time spent on emails
- Log expenses and other activities (such as meetings)
- With each tag you can type some notes (e.g. what the call was about)
- Flag the cost of the call and the time as billable or non-billable
- Send an instant email to yourself or your contact with a reminder of the follow-up actions from the call
- Generate on-demand reports of your tagged call activity directly on the handset
- Request a detailed Excel report of your tagged activities directly to your email
The free call time tracker app is a more limited but works like a charm for simple call logging. They have a great comparison chart that details the difference between the paid and free version at this link. The only caveat I found is that it looks like the Storm and 8220 are not supported yet.
If you are actually using the app for expense management then the $10/month subscription is nothing for the pro version. If you are interested in just the free version you can pick it up in the App World by searching for Call Time Tracker. They claim they will have an OTA link soon…