RIM has really set the bar low when it comes to BIS releases. There have been a few exceptions like 2 way sync of email but overall they just seem like a marginal upgrade that took RIM 3 months to release. Josep spotted this one knowledgebase article on RIM’s website detailing the new features in BIS 2.7. I can’t say I really care for any of them… I cannot believe that these features are high on the requested feature list for BIS.
What is the BlackBerry Internet Service?
BlackBerry Internet Service 2.7 includes improvements to the BlackBerry smartphone user experience, including improved usability and email account integration.
The improved Help screen is designed to allow the following:
- Send service books
- Open the BlackBerry HELP web site on the BlackBerry smartphone
- Access BlackBerry® Answers
- Contact information for wireless service providers
- The close option allows subscribers to close the Email Settings application easily.
- The BlackBerry Internet Service UI is now available in Thai and Indonesian.