One of my friends let me know about this SLICK translation application called Navita Translator. It is the coolest translation application I have seen to date for BlackBerry that ties in nicely with the whole OS. The best part is that it is free but it is limited to translating between English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, German and Italian. It also works over BIS, BES, BPS and WiFi which is a concern for many international users. The only caveats are that OS 4.3+ is required (not sure about Storm) and you need to manually request a free license.
- Quickly translates words and text inputs;
- Easily translates phrases;
- Translates text directly from your email;
- Translates text parts of your BlackBerry® Browser as you select them;
- Translates from 6 to 6 idioms (English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, German and Italian);
- Supports BIS, BES, BPS, WAP and WiFi;
- It runs on BlackBerry OS 4.3 or higher;
- User friendly interface;
- Freeware BlackBerry Translator (Free application for BlackBerry);
- Software size is smaller than 120kb;
- Send your translation by e-mail, sms or pin;
- Save your translation as memopad.
You can download the application OTA free at this link and I could not find a desktop install link but you can read more on their website www.bbtranslator.com. I will try to get Luc or Luis to review this since I cannot confirm the accuracy of the translations. Let me know what you think in the comments.
NOTE: Once you have it installed you must register by following these instructions:
- Open the BB translator application;
- Fill out the form in order to request your free license key;
- Copy the license key received in your email;
- Open the application and paste it in the field “license key” and;
- Press “validate license key” button;
- It’s done! Enjoy it! It’s free!