Buzzd was released a bit back as a website with some great city guides along with a sort of mobile social network. This week Buzzd released a new BlackBerry app that incorporates your location into their city guides. It then uses that to recommend places to eat or grab drinks. Until now you had to navigate their website for that.
The cool part is that it uses GPS along with cell tower triangulation so if you do not have GPS it still works. That is a great idea for a city guide since you cannot usually get a GPS fix indoors.
New Features in the buzzd Application for BlackBerry Smartphones:
- Live Search which helps users find anything from an “Open Bar” to “Chinese Food”
- Compatible with BlackBerry® OS 4.2 and higher (including the BlackBerry® Pearl™ and BlackBerry® Curve™ series, as well as the BlackBerry® Storm™ and BlackBerry® Bold™ smartphones)
- Autodetection of location and proximity-based event recommendations
- Map integration
- Click-to-call venues
- Send events and listings to friends in your address book
- Add events to BlackBerry® Calendar
- Add venues to BlackBerry® Contacts
- Buzz updates also broadcast to Twitter
- Photobuzzing (tagging a photo from the camera to venue/event)
- 1.5 million venues available and over 50,000 events/month across US, UK, Canada