We mentioned SugarSync before as a file synchronization solution that has a BlackBerry client. It looks like they have now released a free version to entice users to start using their plan with limited features. The cool part is that these limited features are probably just enough for 80% of their users to get by. You don’t even need to enter in any payment info and you can downgrade your paid plan to the free plan if you are fine with its limitations.
You can pick up the SugarSync application OTA at this link but you probably need to sign up first from your PC at this link. You can read more about their BlackBerry application features at this link.
What are the limitations of the Free 2GB plan?
- You can only backup & sync up to two computers – with a paid plan you can backup & sync an unlimited number of computers.
- SugarSync will store the current version of each document, plus 2 past versions. If you’re looking to maintain and access more you’ll need to switch to a paid plan.
- The upload time on the 2 GB free plan isn’t as speedy as with the paid (download speed is the same).
- You can only backup & sync up to 2 GB of data.
Do I get mobile applications with the Free 2GB plan?
- Absolutely – we want you to enjoy the best of SugarSync – this includes our unmatched level of customer features you’ll get through your mobile phone.
- We now have mobile applications for iPhone, BlackBerry & WinMo. All other phones with a mobile web browser can use SugarSync by visiting m.sugarsync.com.
I’m an existing user – can I change to the Free 2GB plan?
- Yes, but you may need to reduce your existing data to ensure you’re under the 2 GB limit. If you’re on a paid plan, you’ll be able to transfer over once your paid subscription has come to an end.
- The Free 2GB plan has some feature limitations – see above for more detail.