Bellshare let me know about a new application, BerryPopup, that they just released. BerryPopup is yet another email/SMS popup application that looks quite good. On the other hand this application solution space is getting a bit crowded already… BerryPopup does look really nice though and options are good in case you don’t like one of the alternatives.
HOT! The good news is that we have 50 free copies to give away to the first 50 readers who use the coupon code berryreviewpopup through our store at this link.
From the product description:
BerryPopup is the easiest way to preview incoming e-mail and SMS messages the moment they arrive. See what is happening without switching away from what you are currently doing.
BerryPopup will show a preview of your incoming e-mail and SMS messages in any application.
Reply, forward, mark as read or delete messages right from the preview window without having to switch to the messaging application.
- Preview incoming e-mails/alerts
- Open inbox, reply, forward, mark as read and delete e-mails right from the popup
- Open inbox, reply and forward SMS right from the popup
- Disable popups until backlight dims or for a certain time right from the popup
- Customize order of messages (Oldest first, Newest first)
- Only show popups for messages from contacts you have in your phonebook
- Customize positioning of the popup (“System Default”, “Bottom of screen” or “Stretch to the borders of the screen”)
- Customize position of the button bar (left, right, top, bottom)
- Automatically turn on backlight when a message comes in
- Auto-dismiss popup after specified time
- Disable popups while in the messaging application
- Disable while device is locked so you will not be flooded with popups after unlocking
- Disable popups while backlight is on
- Show contact photo and customize its size
- Customize font sizes
- Integrates with SmartAlerts (coming May 2009) for absolute control which messages trigger popups and which don’t