Yesterday one of our readers, ShvartzBerry, asked me where he could find a list of BlackBerry shortcuts. I know of a few locations with pretty good lists but Mackie sent me a link that is pretty comprehensive. It seems to be sourced from a list dgrover compiled on CrackBerry Forums. I hope neither of them mind that I edited and copied it below for your reference but I have seen similar lists all around so I am not sure where it originally came from. Kudos to whomever did! Also some of the keyboard shortcuts are missing in here like copy and paste but those are really tips instead of hidden shortcuts.
NOTE: Keep in mind that some of these codes may be a little different for SureType and touchscreen BlackBerrys. If I am not mistaken on the Storm you need to go to landscape view and open the keyboard from the menu and then hold down alt and type the keys.
- alt+nmll @ home screen – Change the network signal status bar from graphical indicator to numerical indicator and back
- alt + lglg @ home screen – show event log
- alt + thmn @ any menu – no theme
- alt + cnfg @ enterprise activation email field – Enterprise Activation Settings for Enterprise Activationalt + eace/ alt + shift + h @ home screen – device info
- alt + right shift + del – soft reset
- ALT-VALD In address book list Validate the data structure and look for inconsistencies
- ALT-RBLD In address book list Force a data structure rebuild
- ALT-RBVS Any HTML/WML webpage View web page source code
- ALT+VIEW Inside any Calendar item Show extra info for a Calendar event
- SYNC Calendar app>Options Enable Calendar slow sync
- RSET Calendar app>Options Will prompt for a reload of the calendar from the BES
- RCFG Calendar app>Options Request BES configuration
- SCFG Calendar app>Options Send device configuration
- DCFG Calendar app>Options Get CICAL configuration
- SUPD Calendar app>Options Enable detailed Cal. report for backup
- SUPS Calendar app>Options Disable detailed Cal. report for backup
- SUPN Calendar app>Options Disable Cal. report database
- LUID Calendar app>Options Enable view by UID
- SRSL Calendar app>Options Show Reminder status log
- ALT + V I E W For messages, displays the RefId and FolderId for that particular message. For PIM items, displays only the RefId.
- ALT-ADVM Search Application Enabled Advanced Global Search
- MMSC Options -> MMS Show MMS hidden options
- ALT-JKVV Home Screen Display cause of PDP reject
- ALT + CAP + H Home screen Displays the Help Me screen
- ALT + E A C E Home screen Displays the Help Me screen
- ALT + E S C R Home Screen Displays the Help Me screen
- ALT + N M L L Home screen Switches the signal strength from bars to a numeric value.
- ALT + L G L G Home screen Displays the Java™ event log.
- ALT-SMON WLAN wizard screen Enable simulated Wizard mode
- ALT-SMOF WLAN wizard screen Disable simulated Wizard mode
- ALT-THMN Any menu Change to no theme (B&W)
- ALT-THMD Any menu Change to default theme
- LOLO Options -> Date/Time Show Network time values
- MEPD Options>Advanced options>SIM card Display MEP info
- MEP1 Options>Advanced options>SIM card Disable SIM personalization
- MEP2 Options>Advanced options>SIM card Disable Network personalization
- MEP3 Options>Advanced options>SIM card Disable Network subset personalization
- MEP4 Options>Advanced options>SIM card Disable Service provider personalization
- MEP5 Options>Advanced options>SIM card Disable Corporate personalization
- To perform a test using the hardware diagnostic tool on the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:
- On the Home screen on the BlackBerry smartphone, Select Options / Status.
- On the Status screen, TYPE test.
Note: On BlackBerry smartphones that support SureType® technology, use the multi-tap input method.
From the menu on the Device Self Test Application screen, select Start.