A bit back we mentioned SaveNumberAs as a solution to our DreamBerry which let you save a number to an existing contact. I searched and it looks like the product is no longer available for sale. (Let me know if that is right) MobiChampion seems to have stepped into the void with their new product Add To Contact. This fixes a problem that RIM should address natively in the OS with their $2.95 app which is available in the store.
From the description:
Every Blackberry user knows the situation: you have received a call or message from somebody who already have a record in your Address Book but from another phone number (i.e. you have a Work number of caller but he called from Mobile or Home). AddToContact gives you a very simple way to add a new phone number, E-Mail or PIN address to existing contacts with 3 easy steps:
- Select a call log entry, SMS, E-Mail or PIN message from which you want to add info.
- Press the Menu key, select ‘Add To Existing Contact’ item.
- Select a contact from list to which you want add info. If you adding a phone number you may be prompted to select phone number type (i.e. Work, Home, Mobile) depending on application’s settings.
With AddToContact you may leave behind using copy/paste to add new numbers!
- Add phone numbers from call log entries
- Add phone numbers from SMS messages
- Add E-Mail addresses from E-Mails
- Add PINs from PIN messages
- Ability to select a phone number type on adding or just use the first one
- Very easy and quick