The popular & free tetris game BBTetris has been updated and renamed to BlockBerry. I am not sure what warranted the name change but with “Berry” in its name RIM will never allow it in the App World. RIM recently forced ShortcutBerry to change its name to ShortcutMe to be eligible to be in the App World. Still BlockBerry is a pretty cool name. Last time we mentioned BBTetris it was sitting pretty at version 4.1 and now we are up to version 5.5. Mostly we are seeing slight improvements on the gameplay and performance and battery enhancements.
NOTE: You need to remove BBTetris manually before you install BlockBerry so they don’t conflict. Do to the name change it will not update automatically.
From the change log:
- (FIXED) “New Game” command was breaking the drop timer if game wasn’t paused.
- “P” button pauses/resumes game.
- Minor art changes to the title screen.
- Changed app name to “BlockBerry”
- Blocks can be adjusted after a fastdrop
- Lowered sound volume slightly on one song to equalize the 3 songs better.
- Increased Trackball sensitivity options to address downscroll sensitivity
- (FIXED) Several collision issues fixed
- (FIXED) Block speed is a more consistent increase at higher levels
- (FIXED) Blocks getting stuck at the top of the screen
- (FIXED) Game ending abruptly on 83xx \
- Updated visuals
- Increased performance
- Fast Drop is instant
- Trackball click starts a new game if one isn’t running
- Changed the starting rotations of some of the pieces
- (FIXED) Blocks repeatedly spawning at the end of a game and possible crash scenario
- More performance optimizations
- Major performance optimizations
- Battery optimizations while running in the background
- (FIXED) Various menu transition states
- (FIXED) High score entry didn’t go to the scores page
via BlackBerry Rocks