We mentioned MobiMouse when it first came out as a great application that lets you use your BlackBerry as a mouse for your computer over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Their latest version 1.1.1 adds some serious functionality by letting you assign Windows applications and shortcuts to the BlackBerry convenience keys. That means you can program the Send, End, Volume up & down, right, & left convenience keys to open different applications or perform different functions. It would be cool if mute could put your PC in standby… 🙂
This is a free upgrade if you purchased MobiMouse previously. If not the application is currently on sale for $7.99 in the store at this link with a free 7 day trial.
From the description:
Turn your BlackBerry into a Wired or Wireless Mouse and Keyboard with MobiMouse!
MobiMouse supports USB, Bluetooth or WiFi. MobiMouse allows you to control the Windows cursor with your BlackBerry trackball or the touchpad on your BlackBerry Storm. Press the trackball for left click and the escape key for right click. You can even adjust the Windows volume control using the volume keys on your BlackBerry or press the mute key on your BlackBerry to mute the sound.
MobiMouse supports full use of the BlackBerry keyboard. You can type on your Blackberry it will show up in whatever Windows application your are currently using. Version 1.1 of MobiMouse allows you to assign Windows Applications & Shortcuts to BlackBerry convenience keys. For example, you can launch Windows Media Player, iTunes, PowerPoint, or even a DVR application right from your BlackBerry! You can also assign shortcuts to close an application, open the default Browser, Task Manger, and many more! MobiMouse is great for a Windows Media PC or for giving presentations with PowerPoint. Don’t carry a mouse around with your notebook – use MobiMouse!
- NEW! Assign Windows Apps & Shortcuts to Convenience Keys!
- Remotely Control a Windows PC
- Wired or Wireless Control
- Move the cursor with the trackball or touch screen
- Control Windows Wave Volume
- Escape key to right click
- Works with USB, Bluetooth or WiFi
- Support most Windows Bluetooth Stacks
- Works with Windows 32 & 64 bit systems
- No need to carry extra mouse with laptop
- Use MobiMouse with your Media PC
- Use MobiMouse for PowerPoint Presentations
- Use MobiMouse to type on the keyboard