One of the gripes people have told me about the Storm is that navigating your contact list is not as smooth as it used to be on QWERTY devices. Phrehnck seems to think the same and decided to do something about it with his new application called acceloDex. It simplifies and speeds up your navigation of your contact list. It is probably not as integrated as the native address book but it looks pretty slick and the features sound just right. At $4.99 it might be a hard sell for Phrehnck but it looks like there is a free trial.
From the description:
Accelerated Scrolling for your contact list. Quickly navigate through your contact list with a new take on the contact list.
- Accelerated Swipe Scrolling in portrait mode (Flick your finger up and down for acceleration)
- Accelerated Swipe Scrolling rate is controlled by swipe distance
- Accelerometer scrolling in landscape mode Tilt down to scroll up, up to scroll down
- Landscape scroll speed controlled by the steepness of the tilt
- Jump straight to contacts starting with the letter you choose (Touch the very bottom in landscape/far right in portrait)
- Variable sized blocks for easy navigation in landscape mode
- Click on a contact for an “easy click” contact points list
- Portrait mode/landscape mode locking via BlackBerry Menu key
- Voice assist letter navigation (Volume keys enabled. Muted by default)
- App goes completely into sleep mode when running in background(like logMaid)
- Launches native phone, SMS, and E-Mail clients with pre-populated recipient fields
- As always, sound works in .75
- Storm exclusive (no such app on the iPhone =P)