I have been keeping a close eye on the mobile websites for airlines since I think there is definitely a demand for them. I just found out that Emirates.com just launched a mobile version of their site that gives you some good information from your BlackBerry browser. Not sure how many of you fly Emirates but you can now get:
- Check-in online up to 24hrs before departure
- Select a favorite seat or request a special meal
- Eligible passengers can book Chauffeur-drive
- Search for the latest Emirates special fares to over 100 destinations worldwide
- Check real-time flight status and view global timetables
- View the products and services available onboard any specific Emirates flight
- Members of Emirates’ Skywards can log-in to view their miles, balance, and itineraries
Check it out by heading to www.emirates.com from your BlackBerry browser.
British Airways also updated their site that they launched back in October of last year. Their site now allows British Airways’ Executive Club members access to their accounts, points and miles balances by logging into the BA.com through their mobile phones. BA.com automatically redirects to the mobile-optimized site if you head to it from your BlackBerry. You can also check it out directly at http://www.ba.com/mobile.