We mentioned Yatca before as a free OS 4.6+ compatible Twitter client that integrates nicely with your messages list. One of the big issues people had with Yatca was that it did not leave users with any control over what showed up in their messages list. This has been fixed in the latest version with an expanded options menu.
Note: Any updates and replies that you choose not to merge into your inbox are still viewable from the Messages application. Simply use the standard ‘View Folder’ command to get to whatever it is you want, e.g. to review a reply you sent to somebody open the ‘Replies Sent by You’ folder.
In addition to this major feature, there are a number of other improvements and fixes:
- In many corporate environments, BES is used only to provide e-mail delivery, and Internet access is provided using BIS or the carrier network. Yatca can now support this scenario thanks to a new setting on the Options screen. By default Yatca will continue to connect to Twitter through the BES and only users who experience connection problems should change this setting.
- Curve 8900 users should now be able to take and upload photos!
- Users on all devices should notice an improvement in the quality of uploaded photos.
- In previous versions, Yatca would always refresh the timeline on starting, even if the auto-refresh setting was ‘None’. This has now been fixed.
- Some of the commands have been renamed to be more meaningful, e.g. the ‘Yatca Update Status’ command is now the ‘Update Twitter Status’ command.
- In response to a very common request, the ‘Update Twitter Status’ command is now available from all the system applications. So it is no longer necessary to open the Messages application to tweet!
- Feedback from Storm users suggests that Yatca works better on the Storm when compatibility mode is disabled. So I have added a couple of attributes to the OTA download file to force the Storm to run Yatca in this way. N.B. These attributes are only detected if you uninstall the previous version of Yatca and then do a clean install of the new version – upgrading will not suffice.