BluCTRL is free and lets you control your PC’s mouse over Bluetooth but the commercial MobiMouse software lets you also do it over Wi-Fi. I find Wi-Fi preferable since it seems to be a more solid connection on my BlackBerry and MUCH faster. I also love how it allows you to use the mute and volume keys on your BlackBerry to control your PC. It also lets me use a Bluetooth headset at the same time. The app is now on sale for $7.99 (regularly $9.99) from VirtualViews and comes with a free 7 day trial.
From the product description:
Turn your BlackBerry into a Wired or Wireless Mouse and Keyboard with MobiMouse! MobiMouse supports USB, Bluetooth or WiFi.
MobiMouse allows you to control the Windows cursor with your BlackBerry trackball or the touchpad on your BlackBerry Storm. Press the trackball for left click and the escape key for right click. You can even adjust the Windows volume control using the volume keys on your BlackBerry or press the mute key on your BlackBerry to mute the sound.
MobiMouse supports full use of the BlackBerry keyboard. You can type on your Blackberry it will show up in whatever Windows application your are currently using. MobiMouse is great for a Windows Media PC or for giving presentations with PowerPoint. Don’t carry a mouse around with your notebook – use MobiMouse!
- Remotely Control a Windows PC
- Wired or Wireless Control
- Move the cursor with the trackball or touch screen
- Control Windows Master Volume
- Escape key to right click
- Works with USB, Bluetooth or WiFi
- Support most Windows Bluetooth Stacks
- Works with Windows 32 & 64 bit systems
- No need to carry extra mouse with laptop
- Use MobiMouse with your Media PC
- Use MobiMouse for PowerPoint Presentations
- Use MobiMouse to type on the keyboard