This is a little trick that Joe sent in that many of you may not be familiar with. It is a great little tip that saves me time every day finding emails like unread emails and such. Many of you may be familiar with clicking built in shortcuts like alt-o for outgoing or alt-p for phone logs but you can create your own easily.
Here is how to create a message list shortcut:
- Example: alt-w for all email messages that have attachments.
- Open your message list
- Click menu button to access drop down
- Choose Search
- At this point you can configure your search criteria however you wish. For this example we will leave all input fields blank, and choose ‘Type’ = "Email with Attachments”
- Next, click the menu button and select ‘Save’.
- Give the shortcut a title (for this example we are using "Email with attachment").
- Choose the shortcut key (example uses ‘w’).
- Click the menu button and select ‘Save’, and you’re done.
From that point on, whenever you’re in your message list application and hit alt-w, it will produce a list of only those messages on your device that have attachments. Also notice that the application ribbon on top will display the name you’ve given to the saved search.
My favorite is to setup a shortcut for ALT+U to show all unread messages. To create that you just need to modify the example above to only show unread messages.