Mackie let me know that he got an email from bluCTRL that it will now be free for any non-commercial use! We mentioned bluCTRL before as a application that turns your BlackBerry into a Bluetooth keyboard for your computer. Making it free really makes me happy. 🙂 Though they are asking for donations to help support the application.
BluCTRL now includes quite a few media functions including:
- (Vol up/down/Mute)
- Ability to click and drag
- double click
- scroll with different combinations of alt/shift and the trackball
If you already downloaded the bluCTRL trial you can just download their new version at www.bluctrl.com and you will be good to go. Let me know what you think! This is definitely worth a second look.
From the description:
bluCTRL, is an application that turns your BlackBerry into a full wireless Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. With bluCTRL, you can now conduct PowerPoint presentations, surf the web, and control your media center from your BlackBerry. This “in your pocket” convenience works with any Bluetooth enabled laptop or PC, giving you the ability to control multiple machines from a single device.
- Simple – To start using bluCTRL simply pair your BlackBerry with a PC using the step by step wizard.
- Easy – Controlling your PC is now as easy as using your BlackBerry trackball and keyboard.
- Convenient – Now you can control all your PCs using one central input device, your BlackBerry.