Tom let me know that the powerful Terra Mobility File Manager Pro application we mentioned before is now out of beta. If you have been looking for a more useful file manager for your BlackBerry then this is it. It even has a free trial after which it is going for a reasonable $11.95. Just looking at the feature list really makes me wish RIM included something like this as a standard file browser with the OS…
File Manager Pro is the new file and Zip archive manager for your BlackBerry. With File Manager Pro, you can manage your files easily and quickly using its intuitive and powerful features. In addition, File Manager Pro allows you to open, create, extract and append to Zip archives that are today’s de facto standard for distributing compressed files.
- Work with the contents of Zip archives received via email
- With OS 4.5, your BlackBerry is pre-installed Docs-To-Go and the ability to download email attachments. Often these attachments contain PDF and Office documents that are compressed in a Zip archive. With File Manager Pro you can easily extract these documents for use with applications that natively handle Office and PDF files.
- Send documents as email from your BlackBerry
- The BlackBerry has a limitation on the size of attachments that can be sent from your device. Many Office and PDF documents exceed this limitation — either singly or as multiple files — preventing you from emailing them from your BlackBerry. Now you can easily compress one or more documents into a single Zip archive and Send as Email, all from within File Manager Pro.
- Manage all your files and folders
- With large capacity Media cards you have the ability to carry thousands of documents on your BlackBerry. But with so many files and folders it can be difficult to manage. With the advanced features of File Manager Pro, managing your files is fast and simple.
- All Standard File Operations — Copy, Move, Rename, Delete, New Folder and Send as Email. In addition, recursive Copy, Move and Delete operations are supported.
- Manage Your Zip Archives — Open and browse Zip archives the same as you would folders. Extract all of the contents, or select and extract just a subset. Create new archives or add to existing ones.
- Select Multiple Files And Folders — Select a range of files and folders, an arbitrary set, or any combination of both. Do any file operation on the selected items, including compressing them into a Zip archive.
- Fast Access With The Favorites List — Avoid tedious folder navigation by using the Favorites list to quickly access frequently used files or deeply nested folders. Jump directly to your destination with a single click.
- Sort And View Files Your Way — Sort files by Name, Size, Type or Date, in either Ascending or Descending order. Specify the display of file information, and control the viewing of hidden files.
- Modify File Attributes — View properties on files and folders, and assign the Read-Only and Hidden attributes.
- Integrated Text Viewer — Built-in text file viewer that includes a Find feature for text searches.
- Unsurpassed Performance — Fully designed to give uncompromising performance. Fast file and folder navigation while still providing quick application load time.