BoxTone just announced the official release of v4.0 of their enterprise BlackBerry management, monitoring, & support solution. It is currently being used on 415,000 BlackBerrys by 190 companies and looks to be growing in popularity.
The idea behind BoxTone is to automate and simplify the management and monitoring of BlackBerrys. This in turn can help lower mobile support costs and lead to faster and even proactive solutions. BoxTone seems to have a goal of resolving inbound support requests in minutes instead of hours.
The new version 4.0 includes new features following this “simplicity” theme.
- New 1-Click-Fix-It capabilities for Help Desk technicians
- Enhanced SmartAlerts to proactively warn admins and recommend courses of action
- SmartAdvisors that recommend actions to improve overall system health and performance
- Improved Expense Management for tracking, control, and charge-back allocation
- Active Directory support
- Regional service domain grouping
- Native 64-bit support
BoxTone 4.0 is available now and will work with BES 5.0 when it is released. For more info check out www.boxtone.com