I think this is really hot since it is one step closer to one of my dream applications. I always wanted an application for BlackBerry that will switch your profiles or do other things based on your cell tower location. Advanced Call Manager is one of the first if not the first BlackBerry application to do so.
Advanced call manager handles your incoming call based on rules you can set. It can accept, reject, send a personalized SMS, or mute the ringer based on your rules. You can easily save different profiles and schedule them according to time or location. I don’t really need a call blacklisting application myself but I am loving where WebGate is going with this!
They have a trial available that is limited to the first 30 calls after which the application is available in the store for 25.50. Check out the user manual at this link for more information about the location based switching and other features.
From the description:
Are you busy, constantly in important meetings and discussions? Is your mobile always ringing at a bad moment? All you need to be in control is the Advanced Call Manager! It will handle the incoming calls for you and personalize your approach to the callers – play an instant busy tone / drop the call, send a kind SMS, or mute the ringer.
ACM handles your incoming calls with a personalized approach to different callers – it accepts, rejects, forwards calls*, sends a personalized SMS, plays a greeting* or mutes the ringer. You can easily save different profiles and schedule them according to time or location.
With Advanced Call Manager you can organize your phone book into custom lists like Black list (people you don’t like to disturb you), White list (important people who are “allowed” to call you) or any other custom list (a very special group could be your family to which you may wish to send a personal SMS if they call during a business meeting).
ACM enables you to set different actions for the groups you have defined ‐ you can accept, reject, send personalized SMS, or mute the ringer. With SMS templates you can set special messages for each group very easily. You can do the same with personalized voice greetings.
The Advanced Call Manager lets you tune your mobile into several modes:
- Accept all calls (inactive)
- Reject all calls
- Accept Phonebook only
- Reject from black list (you have to define the list in advance)
- Accept from white list (you have to define the list in advance)
- Reject all + custom action (e.g. send SMS to your wife or girlfriend if she calls)
Supported Reject Actions:
- Send busy tone / drop
- Reply by SMS
- Mute the ringer
How Advanced is the Advanced Call Manager?
Always a step ahead of the competition, ACM seamlessly integrates with your phone and secures flawless call capturing and handling – allowing you to enjoy your time and privacy.
- Ultra‐fast recognition and capturing of incoming calls, leaving the caller unaware of your current un/availability
- Changeable status indicator of the program activity in the phone stand‐by screen (not available for BlackBerry devices)
- Support of Profiles to keep typical frequently used scenarios and settings
- Handling of Hidden callers to help you avoid people whose numbers cannot be retrieved
- Tight integration with the contacts from the phone book
- Automatic Profiles activation based on your Location and Time of day
- Feature‐rich, making it possible to effectively handle any situation and all incoming call traffic
- Auto‐run at power‐on