Chuck let me know that Aliph is trying to correct the lousy fit of the Jawbone II by offering a free New Fit Earbud for free with $2.99 shipping and handling. I doubt these will be half as good as the pricey AverySound earbuds but at least it may improve things for a low price. I just don’t understand why Aliph could not port the great fit of the original Jawbone to the Jawbone II. You can see what I mean in our review.
The new Aliph Jawbone Fit Earbud description:
You Ask, We listen
- Because every ear is unique, we developed a new earbud to give you more options for personal fit and comfort.
- Want to wear Jawbone without an earloop? For most users, our New Fit Earbuds make using the earloop optional.
- Our New Fit Earbud comes in 3 sizes (sm, md, lg).
- The New Fit Earbuds are a different shape, made from a US Pharmacopoeia grade material and a rear mounted integrated loop that provides a suspension-bridge effect to fit snugly into your ear.
- The body of the earbud is a suspended form that acts like a pneumatic cushion (or tire), proving to be more conforming and consequently comfortable than the traditional solid round (doughnut)-shaped earbud.
- The rear mounted integrated loop acts like a spring to help orient the headset, gently pushing the headset toward the user’s cheek so that the Voice Activity Sensor touches your face to feel when the user is speaking.
You can pick them up for free with $2.99 shipping at this link. Let me know if they help!