Tashanna let me know about a new app released by SimpleLeap with a very simple purpose. It lets you set reminders to call somebody from your address book. It may save a step or two but is it really that hard to set a calendar entry? SimpleLeap is betting that convenience is worth $6.99.
From the description:
TalkLater is a tool that allows you to set callback reminders for anyone within your address book or call log on your phone. TalkLater will remind you who to call at the specific time you set. With TalkLater you are alerted with a pop-up, phone vibration, and a ringtone that you select. TalkLater can remind you to make a call in as little as a minute later or three years from now. Never forget to make that important birthday or business phone call again!
Note: BlackBerry Storm OS version 22.214.171.124 contains a bug that prevents many third party applications from playing audio including TalkLater’s alert tone. The bug has be acknowledged and should be resolved in the upcoming OS release(s).
- Unlimited number of alerts
- Keeps a detailed log of all TalkLater alerts
- Remind yourself with a pop-up, vibration, ringtone, or a mix of all three
- Add short notes to your alerts so you remember why you’re calling
- Create an alert directly from your phone’s address book or call log
- Execute the phone call right from the alert popup
- Keep TalkLater current with built in Check for Update feature
- Quickly find what you’re looking for with built in help
There is a trial limited to 5 alerts available at the links below if you are interested: