Ubiquitous Systems definitely won me over with the SocialScope client. I was not much of a Twitter user before but now I actually check and even update my twitter account (@Berryreview). I mentioned the private Alpha launch of SocialScope before but was asked not to post any screenshots. Now that restriction is over and I can finally show off what I have been raving about. We even managed to score 200 Alpha invites to the first BerryReview readers who sign up from this link. All I have to say is that SocialScope really impressed me with its simplicity and ease of use. The Twitter functionality easily rivals RIM’s social network applications and adds some features that even RIM does not have. Hands down this will soon be the one and only Twitter client on your BlackBerry.
SocialScope is essentially a simple and easy to use Twitter and Facebook status updating and viewing client for BlackBerry. It is kind of like TwitterBerry on steroids and adds a ton more. It also has a tight integration with BlackBerry features such as the Address Book and Calendar along with keyboard shortcuts. The client also has Facebook support but I found it to not be as well rounded as RIM’s client but is pretty good for updating your status both on Twitter and Facebook at the same time.
NOTE: The first 200 BerryReview readers who use this link (www.socialscope.net/index.php?r=br1) to register will automatically be entered in the SocialScope Alpha testing group and will be allowed to download the application. Sorry if you do not make the cut but hopefully the application will be released soon.
- Post updates to all your social networks with one click
- View all your social network status updates and picture updates in one place
- Address Book Integration allows you to save your contacts’ social network information and see their updates from the address book
- Support for standard BlackBerry shortcuts, r – reply, d – direct message, c – compose update, b – bottom, t – top, f – favorite
- Post updates directly from your Inbox
- Twitter search support with #topics highlighting throughout BlackBerry
- @username highlighting
- One click access to the “in reply to” messages
- BlackBerry spell checker support
- Tabbed Interface so you never miss replies, direct messages or updates from specific contacts
- Direct message interface makes it easier to see conversations
- Post pictures via TwitPic from the camera or BlackBerry Media app
- URL Shrinking with bit.ly with the BlackBerry Browser integration
If you want to see a screenshot of anything else let me know in the comments!