For all of you who are still waiting for podcasts on your Berry Craig over at CrackBerry spotted a new podcast application. It gets a pretty good review from Craig so it is definitely worth a look. It downloads podcasts OTA to your device but you have to enter in the URL for the podcast RSS feed yourself. You can also limit it to only download over WiFi, Desktop, or your wireless service. It has some great options like only downloading podcasts when charging and progress meters so you can see how much is left to download. The application stops playing the podcast when you get a phone call but you need to open up the app again to get it to start after the call.
There is a free trial at ota.versatilemonkey.com and you can pick up the full version for a very reasonable $9.99 in the store. It looks like the app is being actively developed so I will keep an eye out for new updates in the future.
From the description:
Podtrapper is a robust podcast player and download manager for Blackberry devices. Podcasts are radio shows available for free on the web.
- Automatic downloading of new episodes via Wi-Fi, Cellular and Desktop
- Keeps track of last played podcast
- Remembers where you left off in every episode
- Reliable pause and resume of downloads when connectivity changes
- Built in keylock to allow for control of audio in your pocket
- Pauses for phone calls and resumes when completed