Sling Media put up a landing page today for their upcoming SlingPlayer for BlackBerry client. We mentioned this earlier in the week. 🙂 They plan on releasing a public beta come December 30th. I guess it will give you something to do over new years break.
SlingPlayer™ Mobile lets you watch and control your home TV and DVR via your Slingbox™ on your BlackBerry smartphone.
Please review the list of BlackBerry smartphones that work with SlingPlayer Mobile below to be sure your phone is currently supported. We strongly recommend that when connecting to your Slingbox you use a 3G cellular or WiFi connection that meets our minimum network download speed requirements.
If your BlackBerry smartphone is not listed below, please check back here again soon. We are working on supporting additional devices.
- A supported BlackBerry smartphone with 3G wireless service and/or WiFi Internet connectivity, as well as the following minimum device software versions. (To check your BlackBerry device software version, select Options from your home screen, then select About. Third line shows the device software version installed.)
- Bold – minimum 18.104.22.168 and above; optimal at 22.214.171.124 and above
- 8820 – minimum 126.96.36.199 and above; optimal at 188.8.131.52 and above
- 8320 – minimum 184.108.40.206 and above; optimal at 220.127.116.11 and above
- 8220 – minimum 18.104.22.168; optimal at 22.214.171.124 and above
- 8120 – minimum 126.96.36.199; optimal at 188.8.131.52 and above
- For more information on how to check for and install available BlackBerry device software updates, click here.
- Network download speed of 120 Kbps (or higher)
- 2 MB free memory on device to install
Thanks DavidB and Tashanna for also sending this one in!