S4BB just let me know that they have cut the price of their popular NextAction task management application by 40% until December 25th. I guess they are trying to ramp up sales before the holidays. I actually don’t use tasks all that much but I can see the app being useful for those who are into the GTD methodology.
The app is now $29.99 instead of an even more pricey $49.99 until Dec 25th. There is a free trial available if you want to give it a spin first.
From the description:
Implementing GTD (Getting Things Done) with your Blackberry. "NextAction for Blackberry" helps you implementing GTD with your Blackberry, bypassing the shortcomings of the internal Task/ToDo application.
- One click context (category) change
- You do not have to configure Filter anymore!
- 100% compatible with internal Blackberry Task Application
- You can use "NextAction for Blackberry" and the internal application simultaniuosly if you want
- Synchronizes with your standard desktop- and corporate environments
- Works with Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, ACT!, Novell Groupwise, etc. (any software which synchronizes your tasks will work).
- Quick add "next actions"
- "NextAction for Blackberry" uses the clean and simple approach to GTD: no priorisation, only one context per action, easy and quick input
- Hide categories that are not task/next action related
- You can select categories that should not appear in NextAction!, e.g. the categories of your Contacts, Notes, Calendar
- Contexts are sorted alphabetically
- Contexts beginning with "@" appear on top of the list