With a good amount of Google products being launched on various mobile devices, Google knows that while some folks are sure to have questions, there are other folks who may have the answers. With that in mind, Google has moved their mobile help community forums from Google Groups to a brand new platform; the Google Mobile Help Forum.
According to Google; “The new forum is just one step in our quest to build better products and connect you with one another, so stay tuned for more. As part of this transition, we’ll archive the current Google Help Group, as well as the Google Mobile Community. We hope you’ll use the Forum not just when you need help, but also to share your enthusiasm and give tips and tricks to the whole mobile community. So stop by to introduce youself, and stay to ask and answer a few questions.”
The new platform was built from scratch to offer you some exciting new features:
• Q&A format to help you find answers quickly
• Improved search and integration with the Google Mobile Help Center
• Better spam detection and prevention
• Public recognition of Top Contributors and frequent posters (with more posting privileges as you make your way up)
• Ability to subscribe to ask questions and receive answers via emailNaturally, we’re pumped for the move.
• We’ve got a dynamic system of levels to reward your contributions, and a profile that you can personalize.
• You can subscribe to the forum (or to individual discussions) by RSS feed. You can even vote on which responses answer the question best and mark a best answer to a question you asked.