Aerize just let me know that they plan on updating their alerts application to version 1.1.1 today. I know quite a few of you have this application so I thought it would be worthy of mention. In case you don’t know the application essentially offers you popup notifications for email and SMS.
- Added keyboard shortcuts ( [o] open, [m] mark, [d] delete, [t] top )
- Added top button to go to the top of the message
- Fixed issue with start up delay for various devices
- Optimizations to the notification subsystem
- Added button layout option (stacked, strip, bottom)
- Snooze button has been fixed
- French, Spanish, Italian, German translation
BTW: Since Aerize Alerts v1.0.2, (MWI) Message Waiting Indicator messages have been filtered out.
Quite a few readers have asked us what the difference is between Aerize Email Alerts & PeeKaWho. Both are very popular but sadly I don’t use either due to the unbelievable amount of email I get a day. Aerize sent me this list of differentiating factors if you are interested but I cannot confirm or deny them myself. Keep in mind these applications are under constant development so this list could change quickly.
Aerize Email Alerts – Exclusive functionality
1. Configurable Alerts – Set the font size, change the button layout, choose how much of the message body to view if at all.
2. Functionality – HTML Email alerts are displayed and can preview the message body.
3. Translations – Currently available in English, Spanish, French, Italian, and German.
4. Ease of use – MWI filtering, Snooze button, open to the SMS inbox, Notification Queue
5. Plays nice w/ other’s – Integrated AutoStandby support and works with BB Alerts.
1. LED Alerts – Unlike Aerize Email Alerts, does not work with BB Alerts