Nikolaus let me know that Pyxis Mobile has updated the SmartFlicks application we mentioned before. SmartFlicks is essentially a mobile client for your Netflix account. All you have to do to get the new features is login and logout of your account. No reinstall needed.
The coolest new feature is that you can now hit the space bar to invoke what they call “Graphical Navigation”. It displays a bar of icons you scroll through like in MAC OS X or
- Movie Synopsis: When looking at recommendations and search results, click to view full synopsis.
- Improved “Recommendations” Support with more targeted recommendations and “Star Ratings”
- Send-to-a-Friend: Send SmartFlicks to a friend via quick-click interface
- Instant Feedback: Send the App Lab team your comments and suggestions from within the application
Nice work Pyxis and thanks Nikolaus for the update!
If you don’t already have the application you can pick it up at:
They have also released a list of requested new features that they are working on:
- Allow me to remember my password in the login screen (already in!)
- Show me the availability of a movie in my queue, like I see on the website (working with netflix on this)
- Allow me to open a screen from the home screen using my trackball. Don’t make me hit the open menu.
- Pre-cache more data and make it faster!
- Support SmartFlicks for my Windows Mobile device
- Provide Genre Browsing
- Allow me to see my recommendations in a categorized way