I was reading up on my news today and found a knowledge base article from RIM detailing some basic but very critical shortcuts that everybody should know. This will be a refresher course for many but for those who are new to the BlackBerry these are very easy.
- Perform a soft reset/reboot your BlackBerry
- Press ALT+CAPS LOCK+DELETE
- To display your PIN number
- Type mypin and press the space key in any text field
- Display your phone number
- Type mynumber and press the space key in any text field
- Display the version of BlackBerry Device Software that you are running
- Type myver and press the space key in any text field
- Display your signal strength as a numeric value
- On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone press and hold the Alt key and type nmll. For BlackBerry smartphones using SureType technology, type nnmll.
- Confirm message delivery to another BlackBerry
- Compose an email message and type <confirm> at the start of the subject line. If the email message has been delivered to the Blackberry smartphone, an email message appears in your inbox with the subject line BlackBerry Delivery Confirmation.
Let us know which ones you think RIM missed. Personally I am surprised they skipped the ALT+CAPS LOCK+H to open up the BlackBerry HELP! screen.