When Brad told me that Profiler was updated I was surprised to find that we have never mentioned it on BerryReview. (I could have sworn we did) Profiler is a application that lets you schedule your profile to switch based on a time of day. You can setup up to 16 of these rules to switch.
The main caveat with this application is that it cannot change the profile if your Berry is locked, holstered, powered off, or you have a IT policy forbidding keystroke injection. The cool part is that if your device is locked or in a holster the application will vibrate letting you know it needs to be taken out of the holster and then the profile will change. Not the best solution but the only one allowed by RIM’s API. Not bad for an application going for $9.95.
- Support up to 16 scheduled profiles
- Start and end time for each profile
- Supports Custom profiles
- Selective days to activate profile
- Optionally vibrate when device is in Holster
- Optionally vibrate when keyboard is locked
- Schedule Profile from the Calendar application
- Very easy to use
Updates in Version 1.1 from BBForums:
- modified GUI design
- rewrote the schedule core
- removed the date from the schedule. You only need the Hours and Minutes
- added calendar support. You can select New Profile from the menu when you add a new calendar appointment
- added view and clear temp profiles
- more robust
You can pick up profiler in the store for $9.95. There is a free trial available for you to try before you buy.