I don’t know how this flew under the radar but Ed @ Brighthand managed to catch it. We mentioned the Agendus for BlackBerry beta back in July but the full version has now been released to very little aplomb. Iambic really needs to do some PR & advertising. The application looks stunningly well designed and the price point of $19.95 is perfect. Any previous Palm or Windows Mobile user can tell you about Agendus so I wont go into detail. There is a trial available so definitely check it out before you buy.
From the description:
Agendus for BlackBerry brings to BlackBerry phones the pragmatic features and functions that have made Agendus our flagship title on the Palm OS based Treo/Centro so successful, as well as Windows Mobile and Symbian UIQ phones: It tightly integrates the built-in calendar, tasks, and contacts, and is intuitive to use.
Agendus for BlackBerry: PIM Meets RIM.
Our award winning PIM (personal information manager) has paired up with RIM’s (Research in Motion) BlackBerry devices to provide a fully integrated, productivity enhancer that’s easy to deploy and intuitive to use. Enthusiastically embraced by Palm OS and Windows Mobile users, Agendus has been especially tailored to work seamlessly on BlackBerry devices where it taps into the built-in data storage to pull information into the Calendar, Contacts and Tasks. Agendus also smartly adapts to your BlackBerry’s look, taking on the colors, styles and themes already being used. Like Peanut Butter & Jelly, or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Agendus and the BlackBerry are two great tastes that taste great together!
The following is a quick rundown of some of the things that make Agendus Shine.
- Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks Integration. Agendus ties together the most frequently used applications on your phone, so you get more things done using fewer (in most cases half) button presses. Because personal information is readily accessible, you won’t be bogged down switching in and out of applications to get to the Calendar, Contact and Task information you need.
- Many Viewing Options. Agendus has always offered users a number of options for how information and activities are displayed. The BlackBerry version includes an at-a-glance view of the day ahead that includes Meetings, Tasks, recent messages and calls, and OTA information such as Weather and Quote of the Day. There are also views for one day, a week (list and grid mode), a month (expanded), as well as views for Tasks and Contact information (list and expanded). All of these options let you tailor Agendus to work in a way best suited for your needs
- Plug and Play. Simply download the software and you’re good to go! No additional set-up is required. The application immediately populates with the data already found on your BlackBerry once installed.
- Data Safe. Rather than completely replacing the Calendar, Contact and Task applications that come equipped on your BlackBerry – Agendus taps and enhances them! By reading/writing to the same data storage location that the built-in applications use, all the same personal data found in Agendus can also be found in the built-ins and vice versa.
- Sync Easy. This powerhouse works hand-in-hand with the synchronization set-up you currently have established, so you can seamlessly replicate the personal data within Agendus on your mobile to your desktop mail client by performing routine syncs.
- Desktop Companion Available. If you enjoy using Agendus on your BlackBerry, you’ll also enjoy using Agendus on your PC.
- Filter. Sort. Find. Fast! Get to the information you want, when you want. Adjust your view display or quick filter by entering letters for a keyword search.
- Wireless Capabilities. While on-the-go, retrieve weather forecasts, Quote of the Day, and This Day in History facts all through your wireless network connection.
- 100% Theme Friendly. Agendus automatically adjusts itself to conform to the theme (color, styles) already in use by your BlackBerry.