YouGetItBack is one of those applications that helps you protect your device and information if it gets into the wrong hands. They had a pretty impressive feature set until now but they have just beefed it up. I also happen to love the product logo :).
New features include:
- PIN lock / unlock – The user will be able to lock or unlock a phone remotely via a user-defined PIN code entered at Yougetitback.com when the user activates his or her protection for the device.
- Text lock – From a friend’s phone, a user can text the command “LOCK <PIN CODE>” to lock his or her missing phone remotely when no access to the website is available.
- Auto lock – The phone will lock automatically after a defined period of inactivity. This feature is enabled at the website, where the user defines the duration of the inactive period.
- Call Pattern – The upgrade allows users to define and choose customized parameters under which their devices will lock automatically — such as geographic location of the device or call attempts to numbers not in a user’s contact list – depending on individual protection requirements. Parameters are outlined on the website.
- Country dialing – The user defines a list of allowable country codes for his or her device at the website. If this feature is enabled on the phone, the phone will lock if a thief or finder attempts to dial a country not on the user’s list
- Roaming – The phone will lock when it enters a roaming state if this option has been enabled via the site.
Another feature of the upgrade is the user’s ability to change the configuration of his or her device’s protection functionality at Yougetitback.com and then synchronize the changes to the device.