Larry let me know that Mundu IM has just released a new version 4.0.5 of their IM application for BlackBerry. This coincides with them joining the BlackBerry ISV Alliance Program. This was key for them to be able to support a reliable BIS-B connection. They are offering a reasonable $11 life long license and a 5 day trial though I personally still prefer RIM’s clients.
New in this version:
- Connection Settings option added. User will now have the ability to set a connection type (GPRS, WiFi, BIS, BES) as default setting for mundu IM.
- Disable sound option added in preferences to mute the sound notification on abrupt disconnections due to network problems.
- User preference to disable the signature string.
- Shortcut added to exit the application.
- Option to Migrate License Key added.
- AIM/ICQ login error “You are using an older version of ICQ. Upgrade recommended.”
- Connection errors related to Wi-Fi under certain conditions.
- Authentication error on Login occurring with certain ID’s on AIM.
- Warning message related to incorrect date / time on the device.
- A few changes to optimize battery usage.
More details at this link: messenger.mundu.com/blackberry