After mentioning myMiaMia I felt I had to mention ChaCha. ChaCha lets you simply SMS or call in a question and you will get an answer back from a human or what they call a guide. The service is free but sadly unlike myMiaMia you cannot use email so SMS or voice charges from your carrier apply. Somehow they also partnered up with carriers to find your location based on your SMS or phone call. Not sure how that works…
- Example: “w Indianapolis, in” or “weather 46228″
- Example: “S ibm” or “STOCK Berkshire Hathaway”
- Location based questions:
- Example: “set loc new york” to 242242 to set your location to New York.
- Jokes – My favorite
- Example: Just send them the message “Send me a joke”
To ask a question you need to SMS 242242 or call 1-800-2ChaCha and ask your question. Let me know if you try it out. I just wish they would support emailed questions… That could be useful if I forget the name of an actor in a movie and such.
Check out more info at www.chacha.com