A bit back we told you that Vlingo had released a private beta to fix some of the connection bugs users were experiencing. The fix was promised for August so the beginning of September is pretty good! I just got an email from Vlingo announcing the new open beta to all and detailing the new features and bug fixes.
- Reply to and forward messages using voice
- You can now “reply with Vlingo,” “reply all with Vlingo” and “forward with Vlingo” (simply access these options by hitting the menu button when viewing a message – these are currently not spoken commands).
- Punctuation and automatic capitalization
- Recently Vlingo added automatic capitalization of proper nouns and the first letter after punctuation. Try speaking “period,” “exclamation point,” or “question mark, followed by another sentence.
Vlingo 1.1 Key Bug Fixes and Network Connection Improvements
- This version should fix the problem where Vlingo was unable to run because it thought it needed WiFi permissions on a non-WiFi device
- If you have a WiFi device: Vlingo 1.1 no longer requires you to turn off WiFi when you are not connected via the WiFi network.
- Vlingo 1.1 offers a more robust set of connection options. If you previously were unable to connect to Vlingo or received frequent timeout errors, this update offers users additional options for establishing a successful connection. Please see below for additional options should connection problems still occur.
- Improved permissions management.
You can find the new beta at this link:
Thanks to Tom & Tashanna for also sending this in!