Tashanna just let us know that Ascendo has released version 3 of their Money application. The application is really shaping up and now has a much nicer interface that is not as hard on the eyes. I really like the import and export capabilities from Quicken and MS Money.
New features in this version:
- Budget management and analysis.
- Forecasting account balances to avoid overdrafts.
- Auto-Complete to select payees in as few as two clicks and Auto-Fill to enter default field values based on payee.
- Reports, Bar Graphs and Pie Charts.
- Bank Reconciliation, Transaction Splitting, Transaction Filters & more.
- Advanced account management with net worth(see below).
- Customizable transaction registers with running and ending balances(see below).
- Extended transaction data type to include category, type, status, payment method and user defined field such as check number.
- Improved user interface including Roll & Scroll(TM) navigation and updated graphics.
- Enhanced support for international currency and date formats.
You can pick up the latest version from the store for $29.95. I would highly recommend trying out the free trial to get a feel of how the application works. The desktop portion of the application is actually quite good and really rounds out the application.