Every month or so I get an email from RIM asking me to fill out a survey for their market research. I did not have a chance to check out the survey myself until Bryan brought it to my attention. While filling out the current survey he noticed that a good half of the survey is just gauging his companies interest in the iPhone. Its is interesting to see that RIM has a healthy interest in the iPhone. Many IT departments are starting to get hammered to support the iPhone by clueless users so RIM’s questions are truly justified. You can see a sample of what I mean below:
- Have users in your organization requested iPhone smartphones for use with corporate email or applications?
- Do you have plans to test iPhone for use in your organization?
- Has your organization purchased iPhone smartphones for any employees?
- Has your organization deployed iPhone smartphones with corporate email or applications?
- Does your company support users who have purchased their own iPhone?
- How likely would you be to recommend iPhone for your organization? Please rate on a scale of 1-5, 1 being not likely at all, and 5 being very likely.
- What is your perception of iPhone security features?
- Will never be good enough to use in our company
- Not good enough today, but will get better
- Good enough to use in our organization today
- Don’t know
- Is the availability of Jailbreak software; which allows end users to load uncertified applications, of significant concern to you?
They also seem to have a healthy interest as to what companies would not allow Camera phones at all and the deployment of Windows Mobile compared to BlackBerrys.