I just got this press release for a new 1800flowers application for BlackBerry. Turns out that their mobile website 1800flowers.mobi was not enough. They teamed up with Digby to offer an on-device portal to purchase gifts from your BlackBerry. I can kind of see this being useful for very busy professionals who always need to send gifts. On the other hand this application did not even come close to making the cut on my BlackBerry.
- Quick access to popular and best selling flowers and gifts.
- The ability to complete a shopping transaction in less than thirty seconds from a BlackBerry smartphone, without using a mobile browser.
- Rich product descriptions and full-color images.
- Address book integration, which provides the ability to input shipping information with just a few clicks.
- Secure transactions and password protected buying.