It was interesting to see the results of the poll we ran a bit back. We asked you “What will Verizon cripple in the upcoming touchscreen BlackBerry Thunder/9500/Storm?”
Turns out that there is almost no doubt in over 95% of of our readers minds that Verizon will do their best to cripple some of the features in the Thunder. I think the most interesting fact is the lack of faith in Verizon. I did not do this poll to bash on Verizon. Rather it was done to point out that Verizon is doing a disservice to their customers by limiting features that other carriers offer for free on near identical devices.
What will Verizon cripple in the upcoming touchscreen BlackBerry Thunder/9500/Storm?
- Everything they can possibly monetize (59%, 188 Votes)
- GPS is a out. Say hello to VZnavigator touch edition (19%, 60 Votes)
- WiFi – You mean they can do VOIP over WiFi? Never! (10%, 32 Votes)
- The touchscreen. Multitouch is $5 per finger (7%, 23 Votes)
- Nothing! Verizon learned their lesson (5%, 16 Votes)
Total Voters: 319