Yesterday RIM released a short KB Article on the New Features of Yahoo! Messenger. Although its been out for a short while, RIM has been kind enough to follow this up with a formal Article. After seeing the new updated article from RIM I just checked in case there has also been an updated version but it is still on 2.1.33. I just thought it was nice for RIM to finally offer a change log!!!
Note: Check with your wireless service provider for the availability of Yahoo! Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones.
This article outlines the main changes to Yahoo! Messenger 2.1 for BlackBerry smartphones.
- Closely resembles the Yahoo!® Messenger computer application
Address book integration
- Associate your Yahoo! Messenger contacts with a contact in the address book application on the BlackBerry smartphone
- View the availability status of the contacts in the address book of the BlackBerry smartphone
Conversation user interface
- Your Yahoo! Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones user name appears once above uninterrupted multiple lines of entries until the other participant enters something into the conversation
- Send a conversation history by email message to a contact or yourself
- Archive and save a conversation history on a media card or the memory of the BlackBerry smartphone
Note: To archive and save a conversation history, BlackBerry® Device Software 4.2 or later is required.
- Switch between conversations in the Conversation screen
- View the avatar of a contact in the Conversation and Conference screens
- Change your availability status from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone or the Yahoo! Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones application
- Sign out of Yahoo! Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone or from the Yahoo! Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones application