When the Plazmic 4.5 CDK was officially released many theme developers were peeved since it only allowed you to create themes for OS 4.5+.
Steve just let us know that he found a simple way to modify/hack the Plazmic 4.5 CDK to allow you to export themes to older OS 4.2.1 & 4.2.2 devices. Its actually pretty simple.
THIS IS NOT A SUPPORTED FUNCTION OF PLAZMIC so proceed at your own risk. The instructions are below. Thanks Steve!
With a little “push” from Constabl on BBF… I’ve figured out how to export Custom themes in a lower OS.
you need to edit some files..but its REAL easy. Do it at your OWN RISK….
- make sure Themebuilder is CLOSED
- locate the Plazmic CDK 4.5 directory in Program files.
- go to the directory RESOURCES
- select the file THEMES
- look for 2 folders. 1 is dimension240x260, the other dimension 320×240.
- within the dimension 240×260 there is a file called 8100Custom.
- Edit the following lines to look like this:
The files are located in the Resource/Theme directories, then the 240×260 directory (will have the 8100 files) the 320×240 (will have the 8300, 8800 files) I’d suggest not changing the 7100 or 8700 (is there an os 4.5 for 8700?) files/
these are the lines you edit:
theme.supportedHandheldOs = 4.2.1,4.2.2,4.5
theme.preferredHandheldOs = 4.5
theme.importOs = 4.2.2,4.3.1
- Go to the dimension320x240 file and do the same for the 8300Custom, 8800Custom.
I don’t think you will find it necessary to edit the 7100 or the 8700 (are the 8700’s going to be using OS 4.5?)