I know some people have been squinting at the small picture in the picture ID provided by RIM. ToySoft hopes to solve that issue by providing a full screen picture ID application for BlackBerry. They are still working out a few quirks but the developer is truly dedicated to making this app great. They are even adding cool features such as a picture for each area code. It is available for $9.95 from ToySoft’s website. A full review is already in the works but you can pick up a free trial from the ToySoft site.
From the description:
With full screen picture caller ID you can easily identify the caller. Assign different picture ID for different contacts. You can also assign a custom picture for caller’s who do not have caller ID information or blocked callers. Callers who have caller ID information PictureID can display the callers city location using the North America AreaCode database.
- BlackBerry 8100, 8300, 8700, 8800, or Bold
- BlackBerry® OS 4.2 and Higher
- Full screen picture ID
- Supports PNG, GIF and JPG pictures
- Supports Internal and SD card memory
- Includes North America area codes
- Custom display font, text and color
- Custom picture for Unknown and Private callers
- Custom picture for General callers
- Supports Contact lookup when creating new Picture IDs
- Very easy to use