I know many people have been complaining about one issue with Documents to Go since we mentioned the free update that added Sheets to Go. People found that if you connected your BlackBerry to your computer & desktop manager after installing the update it would downgrade Documents to go back to the default older version.
Turns out Brian left a comment on that post with a link to a DataViz support document on how to fix this issue. It seems to be a pretty easy and simple fix.
- Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager if it is running
- Browse to the following location on your computer:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\”device software”\
NOTE: The “device software” folder typically has the model number of the phone in its name (e.g. 8800, 8100, etc).
- Inside the “device software” folder, locate the file called DocumentsToGo.alx
- Rename this file to DocumentsToGo.old
- Launch the BlackBerry Desktop Manager
- Open the Application Loader and sync your phone
Check out the original support document at DataViz. Thanks Brian!