I just got an email from BerryCoder that they have released a free memory optimization application for BlackBerry. They claim it frees up to 5MB of memory on your BlackBerry no matter what the type! Not only it releases memory, you will also feel slight increase in response time. MaxMem will remove apps, themes, and files in your BlackBerry that you don’t use.
It does remove Voice Dialing, Push to talk, and quite a few other pesky applications. For now I cannot confirm these claims of freeing 5 megabytes of memory but Gareth is working on testing out MaxMem.
NOTE: Please backup your BlackBerry before trying this application!!!
You can download it OTA from www.berrycoder.com
Installation and description are after the jump!
1. Head to www.berrycoder.com or click at this
2. Install the application MaxMem to your BlackBerry
3. Click on the MaxMem Elephant icon after you backup your BlackBerry database
4. Choose from below tools
5. Answer yes only if you have back up your data
6. Answer yes only if you understand that BerryCoder will not be hold accountable for any error done by the use of MaxMem.
7. Answer yes only if you are sure that you want to delete the cod (it will ask for authorization for every cod)
- Remove VAD (Voice Activation Dialing)
This feature enable BlackBerry to dial using voice.
- Remove PTT (Push To Talk)
This feature is usually found in AT&T released BlackBerry and can only be used in AT&T network
- Remove MDS – Don’t remove this if you are a BES user
- Remove Media
All the media (sample video, wallpaper, etc) that comes from OS default
- Remove Themes
All themes other than Zen theme will be removed but you get to authorize each theme cod file
- Remove RIM Internal Tools
Used by RIM to monitor beta OS (Quincy, Battery Log, etc)
To avoid data loss in case of error, such as accidentally deleted currently used theme, do back up BlackBerry database using Desktop Manager.
Any error on the BlackBerry can be restored using Desktop Manager
BerryCoder shall not be held responsible for any data loss.