One of our readers asked me last week how to clear his content store database on the BlackBerry. The BlackBerry OS stores certain information in two different databases. The RMS database is used to store information for integrated BlackBerry applications such as the browser. The Content Store is used by 3rd party applications to store information and also stores your ringtones, images, and and other such information. Sometimes this database can grow to a large size and needs to be cleared out.
You can check the size by following these instructions:
- Go to Options > Status.
- Hit the menu button and select Database Sizes. The Database Sizes screen appears listing the database sizes.
If the Content Store is large you may want to delete or clear it using the instructions at this link:
- In Desktop Manager, double-click Backup and Restore.
- Click Advanced. The Handheld Databases list appears.
- In the Handheld Databases list, scroll to and select Content Store.
- Click Clear to clear the Content Store.