Once again we have another BES replacement entering into the foray. This tip came in thanks to Robbie. ActiveBerry essentially implements te Exchange ActiveSync and push technology on your BlackBerry.
It is an application that Synchronizes your email, calendar, & address book to your Exchange account or MailSite Fusion account OTA. You just set your activesync server and it does its magic!
The nice part is that all of this comes to you for only $49 a year subscription for 1 mailbox. That is much lower than the $9/month you would pay for the BES addon to a hosted Exchange plan.
The software is interesting and might just be a valid alternative for some to sync their contacts, calendar, & email. I wonder how well the push email works…
Check it out at this link: www.activeberry.net. Let us know what you think if you try it out. Sadly there is no trial.
- Synchronizes email, calendar and contacts over-the-air
- Supports Exchange ActiveSync
- Supports Exchange DirectPush
- Supports secure https connection
- Works with Microsoft Exchange 2007
- Works with MailSite Fusion 9.0
- Over-the-air download
- Works with the native BlackBerry® email, calendar and contact apps
- Requires a simple one-time configuration
- Configuration options include:
- Sync email
- Sync calendar
- Sync contacts
- Enable Direct Push
- Max email size download
- Automatically download truncated messages on opening
- Message retrieval period