Since I am not a Lotus guru I can only read this and do my best to explain it to you. RIM and IBM have hooked up to create the ultimate collaboration tool for BlackBerry. It integrates a ton of things that I just had to copy and paste from the press release to get right. It looks like the Lotus version of BES is not only live and kicking but rather threatening to overtake the Exchange version with regard to features.
- Portals & Dashboards: IBM WebSphere Portal and IBM dashboard software lets businesses build Web sites and single screen dashboard views that deliver information, applications and processes personalized to the individual BlackBerry smartphone user.
- Social Networking: The BlackBerry Client for IBM Lotus Connections helps people tap into the collective knowledge of others and find the people and information they need for the task at hand while on the go.
- Messaging and Calendaring: BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Server for IBM Lotus Notes and Domino enables access to key email and calendaring functions as well as custom applications built with Lotus Domino.
- Unified Communications: The BlackBerry Client for IBM Lotus Sametime lets people access their full buddy list, send and receive instant messages, view presence information and convert an IM session to a phone call with a simple click.
- Business Intelligence: IBM Cognos 8 Go! Mobile business intelligence software is the industry’s first business intelligence solution designed specifically for the BlackBerry platform. It provides personalized secure business information in the right context to allow people to view and interact with dashboard-style reports to make informed decisions while they are on the move.
If you are interested in Lotus I recommend reading the full press release