This is the first SQL Database & Sync client I have ever heard of for BlackBerry so I am sure it is worth mentioning for all the developers and DBA’s out there. The application is a bit over my head but seems to let you create database powered applications for the BlackBerry for creating field reports, inventories, and such.
This might be similar to the Cognos client that came out recently but I cant compare. It seems like RIM is really working to secure their footprint in the enterprise. The details are slim for now but this is what they are offering in their press release:
- The SQL Anywhere database and data synchronization client provide several new key features to BlackBerry developers:
- SQL Anywhere UltraLite(R) relational database including transactional integrity, indexes, and SQL data access;
- Rich, bi-directional heterogeneous data synchronization capabilities including direct support for Sybase(R), Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, and MySQL back-end databases;
- A pure Java ME implementation with an extremely small
- footprint well-suited for the BlackBerry environment.
- SQL Anywhere 11, including support for BlackBerry OS 4.1 and later, will be available in the second half of 2008. For more product information and upcoming webcasts visit http://www.sybase.com/sqlanyblackberry