I know many of you have installed BlackBerry unite after we mentioned it yesterday. We also mentioned some of the issues in our last FYI. It turns out that this is more of a full release that really needed some testing. So far people have been liking the functionality but their happiness has been hampered with some serious bugs and unknown consequences.
The list so far – Feel free to add to it with comments:
- Once you install Unite you get an IT policy on your device that you have to wipe your BlackBerry to remove
- You also have to deal with Errors such as the one below where it says “Browser is disabled by IT policy”
- You will also find that it makes your browser bookmarks no longer work unless you delete and re-enable them.
- It can lock up a nice machine on and also gives quite a few of Unite File Sync errors
- The calendar is missing recurring events and the ability to change reminders
- The file upload/download aspect is awesome in theory, but the 1 meg limit renders it useless
- Your device may lock up now every time you hit the CNN.com home screen shortcut or others
- This program may make your browser, Facebook, Viigo, and most other applications unusable due to the IT policy error
- You also cannot sync your desktop outlook calendar to Unite. Nor anything else from your desktop
Thanks to the brave souls who brought this to our attention. Hopefully version 1.1 will be coming out soon. It seems like RIM rushed this out before WES.