One of our readers who wishes to remain nameless just let me know about this nifty new service called Xpenser. What this service does it allow you easily send your expenses to this service. It allows you to do this through multiple methods.
You can email, SMS, IM, or even call in your expenses from your BlackBerry. The example they give is that you send an email of “lunch 78.50 with BigClient” to their services and it is automatically recorded on your BlackBerry. I just wish they had a client that was made for the BlackBerry.
BEST OF ALL you can even export your expenses to Quicken!
My favorite was the list of all the random things you can track other than expenses:
- Tracking diet and calories. Create a report called “diet” and record what you eat. Eg. “burger 325 island’s”, where 325 is the number of calories.
- Tracking mileage. This will be supported soon, but people are already doing it manually.
- Tracking exercise and fitness. People have been keeping track of their exercise regiment. Eg. “running 6 miles”, “weights 45 minutes”.
- Tracking time. Eg. “contract review 0.75 client X”.
- Tracking tasks and bugs. This is an unusual one, but a few of you are doing some sort of project management… We don’t quite get this one, but feel free to enlighten us.
- General notes. Some people are using Xpenser to record general notes and reminders on the run.
If tracking expenses is your thing you can check out the service for free by heading to www.xpenser.com from your desktop.